Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Birthday Bananza(s)

Matt gave me the best birthday week a wife could ask for! He has been wishing me "happy birthday" since January 2nd.  Usually I give him a hard time during January by telling him "it's my birthday month, week , etc."  Now my fourth birthday being together he has finally caught on! he he.  This past week I was really spoiled though...I ate at my two favorite restaurants (in Birmingham), went with some girlfriends for a manicure, had lunch at a friends house, got a month pass to do Bikram (hot) yoga!?, and received many birthday wishes from friends and family!  It was a great week.  Oh and to top it off I enjoyed 65-70 degree weather! Woot! Woot! I didn't get a picture of everything but...

 I was totally surprised by this onesie when I was getting Yvonne out of her pajamas on my birthday!
                                                                And the bottom view
Biggest birthday candle ever with these lovely ladies at the delicious Babalu (so glad we discovered this place when the Browns were in town)!
Yvonne enjoyed this balloon so much more than the birthday girl!  I'm happy to share!

I ended my birthday week with a hike in Oak Mountain State Park to Peavine Falls.  It is the largest waterfall I have seen since Utah!  And do you notice the crisp clarity on that picture of the waterfall?! Oh yeah! I finally ditched my iphone 4 and got a phone with a much better camera.  Better pictures to come!



Yvonne is about to crawl.  She will get on all fours and just rock back and forth.  Sometimes laughing because she is having a great time and sometimes crying because she is really frustrated because she can't move herself forward yet.  She sure gets onto her belly in an interesting way... Yoga Master!


We attended our ward chili and dessert competition.  We brought Grandma's Beans and Matt's favorite peanut butter cookies.  I got second place for Grandma's Beans.  I really think I would have gotten first place but they gave first place prize to some 10-year-old!  Or I just lost fair and square to a 10-year-old....And the peanut butter cookies, well, the winner of the dessert competition told me that I should have won.  Basically we like food around here!

One last story.  Matt has been going crazy from the squeaky faucet in our master bathroom sink and he brought it upon himself to fix it.  He got a screw driver and proceeded to unscrew the left nob of the sink only to realize very quickly that he should have turned the water off before he had started.  GUSH!!!!!  Water shot up out of there like old faithful! The water pressure was so strong it ripped a huge chunk of wallpaper off of the ceiling! Matt, soaking wet trying to cover the exploded faucet, finally reached under the sink (luckily he has long arms) to turn the water off.  I couldn't stop laughing but I did help by running to get bowls for the leakage (that sink is in a carpeted area). Luckily we didn't totally ruin the apartment. On the other hand, he did fix the squeaky faucet... for about a week. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an H'ing good birthday month. Your pics make me want to come visit Babalu!...and you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The faucet story is HILARIOUS! Whitney always wishes I would have just asked the landlord to get things like that fixed...nowadays, I sometimes wish I had a landlord to pass my problems to.

    Looks like an awesome birthday month/week. Matt needs to tone it down about 10 notches. I believe that this story may get me into some trouble with a certain girl who shares your birthday week. I spent her entire birthday week (Sunday afternoon to midnight on Friday night) in New Mexico. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek! about the water! Poor guy! I know I would definitely make the same mistake ;)
    Spencer's probably right about the birthday week. Matt's a hard guy to compete with :)

    ReplyDelete