Sunday, September 27, 2015

Cosplay!

I'm not into Comic Com I swear! I didn't think I was into Cosplay until I read an article about a guy HERE His low budget costumes are hilarious! I couldn't help but laugh! Plus he is Thai...so maybe that makes me like him even more.  I looked up more and more pictures of him doing his thing and loved his creativity. He even has about 350,000 facebook followers on his page "Lowcostcosplay"  Now that Matt and I are trying to live "low cost" I thought that doing Cosplay on-the-cheap might be a fun idea for date night. Here's what we came up with:




The picture I wanted to recreate

I looked at a lot of disney characters and was trying to think of household items I could use for the costume.  It was hard! This made me realize how darn creative the Thai guy is!  I came across jasmine and I thought that her earrings looked like spoons, so I decided to dress up as her.   


left
Me as Jasmine!
Here's my outfit! It was hard finding colors to match her clothes...I've got on a light blue shirt, a belt as a necklace, spoon earrings, black eye liner, black towel for the hair and I used Matt's blue ties (he was hesitant to let me borrow at first) for the headband.  I also thought this blanket my sister-in-law Natalie crocheted for me was perfect for a magic carpet!
 
Matt pulled out his creativity (which is coming to him extra these days because he watches Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model with me he he) and this is what he came up with.

The real Quasimodo
Matt as Quasimodo
 
 Matt complained that we have nothing red in the house (sorry! not my favorite color!) but he did find a red shirt of his for the hair.  Matt's usual Sabai pants worked great paired with a green top.  Crocks for shoes, a bowl stuffed under the shirt for the hunchback.  And that lump is an egg with eye liner on it...taped to his head.
We are big dorks...
 
 
Things are picking up for Matt in school.  He has a lot of group projects (hardly any tests). One group project he is currently doing is about the governance in the Health South Corporation (one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute/rehabilitative healthcare services).  They met with the COO of that business and learned all about what the administrative team does within the company and how they work with the Board.  
   
Matt's Group
Matt has homework.  But sometimes I really think all the money we are spending on school is actually just being used on a really expensive lunch club....At least once a week Matt has "lunch and learn".  The class has lunch and some Health Administrator comes and talks about how much money he makes...er...I mean how much he loves his job and is contributing to society. Last week was especially filled with food and networking/schmoozing (whatever you want to call it)! Thursday and Friday Matt was able to help with the preceptors conference where several health organizations come to UAB and meet/speed date/interview (again, whatever you want to call it) for residencies.  The people were here for the class above Matt (Matt will be the one interviewing this time next year!!?!).  He helped with the set up (6 am!) and he drove one gentleman (CEO of the Tampa general hospital) to the airport.  Matt chatted with a lot of people and came home and complained of eating too many chicken and biscuits from breakfast.  Must be nice! 
 

Where part of the conference was held
Class 51 (Matt's Class) at this year's Preceptor's Conference
On the Momma side of things...

Yvonne's first trip to the Zoo! We went with another mom and babe in the ward.  When Yvonne is really enjoying an outing she shows us she likes it by falling asleep.  The Zoo was not different, she slept for a lot of it.  But she was awake to get a picture with the elephants (her mom's favorite animals).  There was a petting zoo section and Yvonne really like looking at the big Black pigs.

My favorite things: Yvonne and ASIAN Elephants!
We had four elders over for dinner.  Our Ikea table is so tiny Matt thought it would be fun to sit on the floor and have dinner Thai Style! I made curry and a stir-fry beef.  One elder dumped on the Sriracha sauce-very impressive!
 
 
 
We are trying to stay outside as much as possible.  We love the weather here!  For FHE we went to the Jemison trail and went on a nice walk.  The golden hour that night could not be beat!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That cosplay guy is HILARIOUS!!! I'm impressed with is creativity! My favorite was how he used a Lays chip bag for some yellow! But it was all good/awesome! Matt seems so busy! But I'm glad you and sweet Yvonne are getting some good stuff in too-your trip to the zoo seemed super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates! Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete